Your Role: as an Account Manager, you will retain and penetrate accounts in a manner that meets or exceeds the business needs of key customers, differentiates Corning’s Life Sciences division within the marketplace, and supports the achievement of the division’s sales and profit objectives. We look for you to develop new markets/ customers/ applications. You will represent the organization as the prime contact on contracts and projects. You will interact with senior external personnel on significant technical and commercial matters often requiring coordination between departments and organizations. We look for you to possesses ability to influence organizations both internally and externally.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed sales budget for the territory
- Build strong relationships with customers and distributors
- Implement aggressive growth driven programs with distribution
- Work as a team with other account managers
- Build relationships with all internal functional groups
- Create, implement and maintain a sales plan that meets or exceeds performance requirements• Know your products and channel/market/customer dynamics/drivers
- Manage all facets of responsibilities within the framework of Corning’s values
- Up to 25% with some overnights needed
- Territory includes San Francisco, East Bay and Central Valley
Hours of work/Work Schedule:
- Monday – Friday, standard business hours
- Will work remotely from home office
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Life Sciences degree program preferred
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- Minimum 2+ years sales or relevant experience in the Life Sciences market
- Candidate will be currently located in the San Francisco Bay Area or Central Valley
- Proficient computer/data analysis skills (Excel, Outlook E-Mail, Word, Power Point).
- Previous sales experience with record of meeting or exceeding sales budget
- Problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Business skills – financial analysis (sales analysis, trend reporting, usage reporting, pricing analysis).
- Lab experience
- Experience with SalesForce.com
- Knowledge of customer base in the territory
- Proficient in distribution channel management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Organization skills – planning/time management
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), social and influencing skills
- Attention to detail.• Ability to handle ambiguity
- Ability to manage remote networking and conferencing
- Good presentation skills
- Relationship building, face to face contact with internal and external customers, adapts to the situation and people involved
- Creative promotional and account management approaches
- Ability to perform with minimal direct supervisory intervention
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Coaching skills
- Ability to work with a team environment.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Corning to request accommodation.
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org