Rainin LLC, (MTD on S&P 500) is looking for an Automation Engineering Manager to help lead our Automation team.
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities:
The Automation Engineering Manager is responsible for the manufacturing of precision instruments that meet our quality and performance standards. This position is responsible for creating a lean and agile manufacturing capability that can react quickly to customer and market trends to meet market demands. The automation manager is responsible for delivering on key targets for cost, quality, delivery, and safety. The position’s key responsibilities include the following:
- Directing the activities of the automation engineering group – provide direction & work priority .
- Directing automation engineering activities for the entire Oakland, California plant.
- Actively participating in Continuous Improvement initiatives by executing automation projects
- Optimizing existing automation to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Collaborating with R & D on new product development by providing automation expertise.
- Ensuring successful transfer of new products from R&D to Production by designing, procuring & qualifying equipment
What You Need to Succeed:
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electronics/Electrical/Computer Engineering/ Robotics/Industrial Engineering. Master’s Degree preferred
- Seven to ten years of automation experience within a plastic molding/assembly/test environment is preferred.
- Strong understanding of PLC programming, PLC ladder logic and other control systems logic. Understanding of analog and digital electronics, pneumatics/logic, amplifiers, fiber optics, GD&T, data collection
- Experienced in Design software; Development software; 3D CAD skills and proficiency with standard computer applications including MS office applications. Familiarity with manufacturing ERP systems, SAP preferred.
- Experienced people and project manager. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Our Offer to You
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching – all starting on date of hire
- Tuition reimbursement, educational matching gift program, perks and discounts
- Parental and caregiver leave programs
- All the usual benefits such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click  here.
Mettler Toledo endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at EEO@mt.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org